1) Judges, as well as members of our team and other sponsors are not eligible to enter the competition, nor are their affiliates or immediate family members.
2) All scripts must be submitted in English.
3) Once a script has been entered into competition, we will not accept substitutions or revised drafts. If you wish to submit a revised draft of your script, you must enter it as a new submission.
4) All writers’ names should be listed in the online entry form, “written by” credits are optional on the script/pilot file itself. By submitting online to the Oxford Script Awards, entrant warrants that all writers have authorized the submission. If a screenplay is written by multiple authors, all cash and awards will be remitted to the entrant of record, with all proceeds to be divided at the writers’ discretion.
5) We accept screenplays only in one of the following formats: .PDF, Final Draft, Movie Magic Screenwriter, Microsoft Word, Rich Text Format, or Text.
6) Entries will not be returned. Be sure to retain a copy of all material submitted.
7) Entrants of Oxford Script Awards retain all rights to their screenplays.
8) Entries must be received by the applicable Entry Deadline.
9) Oxford Script Awards will not share your screenplay with anyone except the official judges of the competition without prior permission.
10) By entering the Oxford Script Awards, you represent that your entry is your original work, and does not infringe on the copyright or other rights of other people or legal entities.
11) Entry fees are non-refundable.
12) Entrants can include author and/or contact information on their entry’s cover page at their own discretion, but it is not required.
13) The decisions of the judges are final.
14) Our festival reserves the rights to change, cancel or re-schedule the dates, awards & categories. All submitters will be informed about any changes through email and our online platforms. Competition staff reserves the right to substitute any advertised prize for another prize of similar value.
15) By submitting to this festival, you agree to our terms and conditions and to receiving marketing newsletters and discounts about film or screenplay festivals in the form of emails. We will never sell your information to third parties.
16) The festival authorities have rights to use freely available photos, promotional material and information about our submitters and these materials can be used for educational, promotional or commercial purposes.